Friday, December 21, 2007

My Faves for Thursday, December 20, 2007

As we increasingly move to the web I have a problem with browser plug-ins.

I am thinking we need to evolve a standard on the web for plug-in like functionality that runs cross-browser. After all an increasing number of people are accessing the web from iPhones, iPod Touches, smart phones etc. Depending on specific browsers to deliver functionality immediately limits the potential audience of users.

[tags: web, it, search, commentary]

Reality mining research supports what I have been saying about the contextual value that can be derived from the cell phones we carry with us. Gathering more than just geo -locational data it is possible to accurately infer relationships and context that can add value to search and other web services.

[tags: it, data, phone, mobile, Commentary]

See the rest of my Faves at Faves

No comments:

Post a Comment