What Dash knows:
- Crowd sourcing works
- People like to search at least twice per day from their cars
- The top subscriptions like Gas prices, movie listings, Starbucks and where it is safe to Pee in Baltimore.
What Google knows about Spam:
- Its about the money
- Trust is important
- Build reputation - like ebay
- You don't have to cost spammers money. You can cost them time and effort.
- Search Engine Optimization is not spam
- If it sounds to good to be true
- Spammers are human and make mistakes - they leave footprints by accident
Simple steps to prevent spam:
- Simple tests will prove people are human
- pictures are difficult for spammers to deal with as tests
- Spam will become more dangerous
- Keep your software patched
- Use software as a service
- Look at Cross-site scripting security holes.
http://google.com/webmasters/ is a cool resource for webmasters. Register and they will adivce on problems with your site.
What Wordpress knows:
- 99.999% of blogs on wordpress.com have less than 10,000 views per month.
- 3 million blogs hosted on Wordpress.com
- 168M page views per month