Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blog Action Day - Poverty and Health Care

Today (October 15th) is Blog Action Day. This year the issue that is front and center is Poverty. With working for a major US Health Care provider my thoughts turned to the issue of how to bring Health and Wellness to those that can't afford traditional health care plans.

Making Health Care accessible to those that need it will be a major challenge that we will have to work together to solve in the USA.

The Health Care system is broken and we have to work out how to put it back together in a way that helps us address this and other significant challenges.

The transformation of Health Care through Social Media, Open Standards and Web 2.0 technologies is the central theme of the series of HealthCamp unconferences I have been organizing. If you will be at the Health 2.0 Conference in San Francisco next week then look me up, I am helping the organizers there.

After the Conference I will be organizing a HealthCampSf event to take place on Friday October 24th. The venue is still being finalized but I am hoping to hold the event at the Courtyard Marriott San Francisco on 2nd street. The finalized details will be posted on the barcamp.org site.

I will also be attending the second SocialDevCampEast event on Saturday November 1st in Baltimore. The event is filling up fast and I plan to raise the Health Care issue as part of the Social Media conversation at that event. If you plan to be there drop me a line on twitter to ekivemark.


This post is part of Blog Action Day 08 - Poverty

No comments:

Post a Comment