Friday, October 02, 2009

The Future of HealthCamp is up to al of us

I am often asked what the future holds for HealthCamp. It is a really difficult question to answer because the future is not in my hands.
Why do I say that?
Because HealthCamp is about the participants. Every HealthCamp is different. My role is one of Chief Instigator. I am here to encourage others to set about running a HealthCamp for themselves.
My next objective is to create the HealthCa.mp Foundation that can act as a catalyst for Health Camps around the world. With that objective in mind I want to see HealthCamps spring up in different communities.
The essence of HealthCamp is to bring together people from different backgrounds and with different experiences. These different perspectives bring different approaches and different insights to the major challenges we face in health care.
The challenges we face in Health Care, regardless of where we are in the world, are too complex, too enormous for any single entity to tackle alone.
When it comes down to it each and every one of us has to step up and be accountable for their part in addressing the challenges. That is why at every HealthCamp I lay down a challenge by asking "What can YOU do?"
Many of the chronic health issues we face can be traced back to lifestyle choices that we each make. Therefore we each have the power to create change. Simply being more aware of our own health and making responsible microchoices about nutrition and exercise can make a life long difference in our vitality.

....Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from ekivemark's posterous