@jmbhan led a discussion on health screening.
How should we handle Health Screening?
Getting the patient in the door for a screening is personal responsibility.
Then the Doctor initiates the screening.
Stakeholders in the Screening:
- Patients/Consumers (should be educated enough)
- Corporate Wellness
- Health Providers
- Service Providers
- Labs (Like Quest, LabCorp)
How do we streamline the process.
- Ordering and resulting tests.
A doctor with 3-4000 patients can't plan and execute all the screenings necessary.
Could we have an assisting process that enabled the patient to work out:
- What tests are available
- What tests are needed / recommended for the specific patient
- What is covered by their plan
- What about patient's who don't know what they have access to?
Can we create an app that uses Q&A via SMS text to guide people to the tests they should be taking.
Can we create a collaborative screening process that helps to decide what are the appropriate tests to have and evaluate the results.