Monday, August 22, 2011

Building your Social Brand to Connect with Opportunity

This week I have been asked to give my presentation on "Building Your Online Brand to Connect with Opportunity" to a group. This will be the third time I have given the talk since April. As ever in Social Media a lot has changed. GooglePlus for one thing.

My original deck has been viewed 650 times since I first uploaded it in April 2011. This weekend I spent time revisiting and refining the message. 

The core of my message is that we all need to develop our social brand. it is not a flash in the pan. It is an ongoing commitment, but one that doesn't have to be hard work. 

Follow these simple rules:

1. Look to engage by amplifying your activities
2. Think about sharing what you find useful
3. Focus on your passion

For me one of my main passions is a mission to change the face of HealthCare. 
I want to work with great innovators who have the passion to fuel this revolution in the consumerization of Health. Let's use the web, mobile and social media to transform healthcare for the better. (If that is you. Let's talk!)  

If you review this deck on my slideshare channel and you can't work out how to contact me then I have failed!

My final piece of advice is to paraphrase one of the great leaders of our age: JFK.

If you want to succeed in Social Media "Ask not what your community can do for you - Ask what you can do for your community"

Pastedgraphic-1

If you keep those words as your guide you will build a powerful social brand around your passion.

Posted via email from More pre-blogspot than pre-posterous