Sunday, April 22, 2012

#GooglePlus posting via email

One of the things that has frustrated me with Google Plus is the way that it acts as an island. I use Posterous to post emails to my blog and notify Twitter and Facebook etc.

So this is a test. I have found some instructions here: http://google-plus.com/2053/how-to-post-to-google-using-email-or-gmail-you-can-post-to-public-circles-extended-circles-etc/ that allows you to use GoogleVoice to connect to Google Plus.

I then went to a very under-rated but amazing service: if this then that.  or ifttt.com

I basically configured a "recipe" that...

Took my Blogger feed url.

Connected it to GMail.

to send an email that posted to my googleplus email address .

So this post is the first test in order to see if this works.

Posted via email from ekivemark: pre-blogspot