- Take the DVI connector and place the connector so the Monitor icon is visible.
- Looking at the DVI connector Starting at the case joint on the right hand side score the plastic around to the other joint.
- The scoring needs to be about 1mm in from the end of the moulding, just enough to remove the plastic lip and expose the metal of the connector.
- You will need to gradually increase the depth of the scoring until you can break off the plastic lip.
- When you reach the case joint on the left side keep going until you score around the bottom of the DVI connector until you are directly below the left hand thumb screw.
Here are some pictures after the crude surgery: