The fascinating story of a changing role for an entire family. a two plus year journey.
Mother fell. Child to Parent. Job change to become caregiver. From a traveling job to a locally based role.
- Becoming the advocate
- Frustration with the system
- Home Health Care Nightmare
- Becoming a nurse
- Becoming a research expert
- Support is minimal
- Becoming the Nurse/Research Expert
- Seeing her Mom's improvement
- Giving ALWAYS outweighs Receiving
- New Enriched Life with New Friends
Starting CareGiver's Foundation
- Organization is key
- Find Time for You
- Go with your Gut
- Document, Document, Document
- Persistence Pays
Now for the discussion…..
How do you handle the changing role?
Sons and daughters have different roles because of perceptions of the parent.
Hospice is engaged when people have a 6 month life expectancy.
Internet - Google is my Friend
Continual Connection to new Technologies
Using Memory Mate
We also talked about BeClose as a monitoring tool set.
Check out : The Happiness Advantage