Barbara had a real challenge coping with the 20 slides in 20 seconds format.
Talking about Social Media and how communication has changed.
Collaboration is critical. It is about building relationships and communities.
People are looking for support. They find it from each other.
50M tweets are archived by the Library of Congress every day.
Best rule of Social Networking: Think before you post.
Social Networking is not going away. It has always been here...just slower.
Phil Baumann, RN
Founder of Health is social.
21st Century Health Wisdom.
Is your life one big tweet?
Twitter is a metaphor for our communications in the 21st Century.
A Tweet is the tip of an iceberg.
Clinical Tweets. 2 years ago created RNChat and MDChat and once they were talking to each other then engaged the patients.
Your homework: Think about how we can use new media to explore and tell stories.
Feeling Empowered comes from inspirational stories.
Gamification of Health.
Gamers solve the puzzle of life in 10 days with the only reward being a leaderboard.
Reality compared to games is broken:
Reality: Worst game ever.
EPIC Win in Health is Experience | Purpose | Incentive | Catharsis
- Experience in an engaging environment.
- Progress with plan and purpose
- Incentives drive increased involvement and interaction
- Cathartic moments
Gamification is effective when you don't realize it is in effect.
20 mobile solutions that are changing patient's lives.
It starts with a guy (Gordon Moore) the government and smart phones. It all works because of connectivity.
Involvement leading to better outcomes.
1. Patient monitoring
2. HCP Monitoring
4. Compliance Tools such as Glowcaps
7. OB Labor management (Airstrip OB)
8. pain monitoring
9. Cardiac Exercise Monitoring (now embedded in watches)
10. Mobile Eye Screening (Eyenetra)
11. Pill Camera Technologies
12. High Risk Pregnancy Monitoring (Smart Diaphragm)
13. The SmartPhone
14. Patient Apps (GoMeals, iHealth BPM, Babymate, AsthmaMD + + )