Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Python/Django with a testing Flavor - the slides for my lightening talk at Django District

I am still fairly new to the world of Python/Django but have found it to be a very powerful development framework. Recently I have built a UnitTesting framework for a number of Videntity applications including OMHE and Restcat. 

As a result I am attending the Django District Meetup next week and have been asked to give a lightening talk on my experiences in UnitTesting. In preparation for that I put together a few slides and have posted the deck on Slideshare:

However, I don't really consider myself to be a developer so my initial thoughts when asked to present are encapsulated in the following slide:

Testingtalk

Hopefully in posting the Slideshare it might prompt some suggestions from people who are more expert than me that will improve my knowledge about Python/Django. So far my experience is that when you come up with a programming solution somebody will be able to suggest an approach that drastically reduces the verbosity and increases the efficiency of the code.

One thing that I am told is  worth pointing out in the UnitTesting frameworks I have built have no external dependencies.

So let me know - what approaches do you take to developing UnitTests for applications in Django? 

((tag: code, development, django ))

Posted via email from ekivemark: pre-blogspot