Business and Clinical Use Cases
- Enable search by people or organization and attributes (eg. Languages)
- Search based on relationships
- Keep directory data current – be proactive
- Get objects eg. Electronic services such as PubSub
- Taget Patient Consent Expresson
eHealth Exchange Directory Usage
- 120 Participants with 100M + patients connected in production today
- in use for 9 years
- Directory based on UDDI v3, organized by business entities, metadata such as contacts, then by services and endpoints.
- Primary use case is electronic end point service discovery – Query by Geography, version of service supported, name of organization or by list of all organizations.
- Version control is implemented in the directory. An essential requirement.
- Directories can provide significant value
- Many use cases require PDs
- National Scale PD is viable
- Manual Quality Assurance is important and costly
- Automations is essential for efficiency
- Interoperability of each data element is important including all components of address, type of contacts, version of services supported.
- Adding support for other key elements designed to allow for more process automation
- suport single source of truth file to allow generation of multiple directories to enable multiple versions. eg. when switching standards.
adding specification enhancements to enable 100% automated on-boarding. Sync wth Argonaut and other standard setting bodies.
Federation or similar data aggregation/management si required for some use cases and is interoperability issue.
LDAP may not be liked but it gives benefits, such as bulk data export file standard and tools.
Current HPD Work
Create a national USA extension
-HL7 Argonauts: One of top 4 priorities. Work started last week (Mar31, 2016)
Full CRUD operations wil need support.
- All data elements in PD should be tightly constrained for interoperability
- Have ONC as a voice at the table to provide resource and direction.
Keep track of Argonaut and IHE work. Let’s find a single standard.
— Get your requirements known to the standards development organization
Presenter: Eric Heflin
[category News, Health]
[tag health, cloud, ONC, opendata, Provider]
Health & Cloud Technology Consultant
Mark is available for challenging assignments at the intersection of Health and Technology using Big Data, Mobile and Cloud Technologies. If you need help to move, or create, your health applications in the cloud let’s talk.
Stay up-to-date: Twitter @ekivemark
I am currently HHS Entrepreneur-in-Residence working on an assignment to update BlueButton for Medicare Beneficiaries.
The views expressed on this blog are my own.
I am also a Patient Engagement Advisor, CTO and Co-Founder to Medyear.com. Medyear is a powerful free tool that helps you collect, organize and securely share health information, however you want. Manage your own health records today.
Medyear: Less Hassle, Better Care.
via WordPress http://2.healthca.mp/1RMbakg